For the annual YMI board meeting, I have been asked to send in a report on the Latin American ministry. This includes the state of the ministry right now as well as goals for the next year. Here are some of my goals for next year.
- Recruit at least 5 new students for the Mexican Baptist Theological Seminary to start studying in August 2006, preferably from different regions of Mexico.
- Work to approve 2 churches in the Mexico City area
- Develop a once a month informal training seminar and/or youth workers roundtable for interested youth workers in Mexico City
- Mentor and train those seminary students who are not in the youth ministry program but are working with young people in their Christian service work
- Finish translating and adapting the 4 year seminary curriculum
- Continue to research and promote youth ministry in Mexico
- Raise more funds for the ministry in Latin America (wanna help?)
- Strengthen our network with other youth ministry trainers in Latin America
- Conduct a ï¿½Youth Emphasis Weekï¿½ at the Mexican Baptist Theological Seminary in the fall of 2006
If you’d like to see the whole report, send me an email and I will get it to you.